Is your password still your dog’s name followed by an exclamation point? If so, it’s time to change your password. Far too many people, including employees handling your company’s data, are using weak passwords. The First Thursday of May is also known as World Password Day.
In honor of World Password Day, here are some ideas to better protect your data:
- Change an old password to a long, strong one.
- Strong passwords include multiple characters, numbers, and symbols that are not easy to remember or guess.
- Turn on two-factor authentication for your important accounts.
- Don’t store passwords on your computer or phone.
- Ensure your wireless router is password-protected.
- Log off when you’re done using an application.
- Periodically remove temporary internet files.
Call us today if you have any questions on how to improve your organization’s security posture.