Aurora Security Consulting Services offers a cyber security risk assessment. The solution uses quantitative and qualitative methods to define an organization’s current and future state of its security environment by conducting an internal and external cyber security risk assessment. During a cyber security risk assessment, the Aurora team determines how your organization compares to industry best practices. We will determine the steps needed to get to the next level of security and maintain a robust security environment as change occurs. In a cyber security risk assessment, deficiencies are identified so that they can be correlated into practical solutions.
In order to conduct a cyber security risk assessment, the team at Aurora Security Consulting Services will first define the scope of each process and function being reviewed. Any current documentation regarding policies, procedures, configuration standards, and best practices used will be gathered. Vulnerability scanning will be conducted both internally and externally. Penetration testing will be conducted against your network systems. During a cyber security risk assessment, individuals within the organization will be interviewed and the processes of how the business functions will be documented. The organization’s security practices will be compared against best practices. We will prioritize the gaps and create a remediation plan. A qualitative risk report will be created.
The key value propositions of conducting a cyber security risk assessment with Aurora include understanding the gaps in regulatory compliance requirements and understanding the weaknesses in an organization’s existing policies, procedures and standards. Weaknesses within access controls, user provisioning, configuration management, vulnerability management processes, and incident handing processes will be determined. There is great value in the cyber security risk assessment as an organization’s network, operating system, application and end-point security measures will be reviewed. Key remediation recommendations will be developed.
5 Steps to a Cybersecurity Risk Assessment at a Professional Level
The steps of a cyber security risk assessment, at a professional level, include:
- Automated Security Scanning: this includes commercial scanning tools that are used to identify potential vulnerabilities
- Report Development and Interpretation: in this step, results will be analyzed, and false positives will be removed
- Network Architecture Review: network security design will be reviewed, and weaknesses will be identified
- Manual Exploit Testing: in this step, we will perform manual in-depth testing techniques to validate weaknesses in a sample list of devices
- Security Policy Review: we will review up to 5 security policies for gaps in procedures
3 Important Steps to a Cybersecurity Risk Assessment at an Enterprise Level
At an enterprise level, the cyber security risk assessment will also include additional steps:
- Remediation Validation: After 6 months mini assessments will be performed to validate remediation steps that have been implemented
- Policy Creation: We will create or modify up to 5 policies to meet gaps in the security procedures
- Compliance Needs Assessment: in this step, we will review business operations and determine regulatory requirement applicability
Why Choose Aurora Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Consulting Services
Security-conscious companies have turned to Aurora for support of their business-critical information since 1990. Our team of security experts helps our clients navigate their complex cybersecurity challenges. Aurora’s sales and services team uniquely combine to position Aurora as a single-source provider of security services for our customers. Working with Aurora on a cybersecurity risk assessment helps an organization be in compliance with industry requirements and achieve an overall improved security posture. The Aurora team will run consistent and repeatable tests to scan and patch incoming vulnerabilities in your environment as new ones can arise every day. Our customers choose to work with Aurora on Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Consulting Services because we are experts in providing the next steps required after an assessment. Following a cybersecurity risk assessment, organizations may need to fill the gaps in their security portfolio by implementing cybersecurity solutions and services. They may also need to go beyond cybersecurity risk assessments and implement other assessments that are relevant to their organization and industry. At Aurora, we have partnerships with top-line cybersecurity solution providers. We work hard to achieve the highest level of partnerships with our vendors to secure the best prices possible for our customers on those partner solutions. We have engineers on staff that are certified to implement these solutions, helping you through the steps towards securing your environment.
Your Cyber Risk Management Consulting Team Is A Call Away
Aurora’s team is experienced in providing security consulting services to our customers. Call 888-282-0696 today to talk to one of our experts about how a cybersecurity risk assessment or any other security consulting service might fit into your environment. You can also contact our sales team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to speaking with you about your business’s security needs.
Cybersecurity Risk Assessment FAQ
What is included in a cybersecurity risk assessment?
- A cybersecurity risk assessment at the most basic level with Aurora will include automated security scanning, report development and interpretation, network architecture review, manual exploit testing, and security policy review.
How often should I conduct a cybersecurity risk assessment?
- Security assessments should be conducted at least annually or any time there have been changes in your environment or business processes. Many tests such as vulnerability scans should be implemented continuously to constantly check for new vulnerabilities that can arise.
What type of organization should conduct a cybersecurity risk assessment?
- Any organization of any size that stores data online should conduct a cybersecurity risk assessment. Cybersecurity risk assessments are often seen as one of the first steps that you can take to begin better protecting your environment from security attacks.
How much is a cybersecurity risk assessment?
- The price of a cybersecurity risk assessment will vary depending on the size of your organization and the scope of the project. Contact email@example.com or call us at 888-282-0696 to learn more about our assessments and the costs associated with them.